TEMPRANILLO BEEF TENDERLOIN & EGGS SKILLET
RECIPE BY: Dean A. Thomas CEC CCE
YIELD: 4 Servings
CATEGORY: Brunch Entree
“This popular dish is served directly in the skillet and makes a great breakfast or brunch dish with unusual, yet tantalizing wake-up flavors. The Bolero Cellars Tempranillo and coffee add sour and bitterness that are enriched with the egg yolk and the beef flavors.”
1 Lb. Beef Tenderloin Filet Tips
1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
1 TB Garlic, chopped
1 each Shallot, chopped
1 each Red Onion, 1/2 inch wedges
2 each Tomatoes, supreme
1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
1 pinch Ground Cumin
2 oz. Bolero Cellar Temprañillo
2 TB Coffee
1 C Brown Sauce
1/4 C Cilantro Leaves
2 each Baked Potatoes, large wedges
8 each Eggs, any style
METHOD OF PREPARATION:
1. Begin by preheating the skillet, add the oil and the tenderloin to sear and carmelize before stirring.
2. When carmelized, turn the beef and add the garlic, shallot, onion and tomato.
3. Sauté for 1-2 minutes before deglazing the skillet with soy sauce, red wine and coffee.
4. Add the brown sauce and simmer for 1 minute. Toss in the cilantro leaves and potato wedges.
5. Bring to a simmer while preparing the farm fresh eggs the way you prefer to serve directly on top.