RECIPE BY: Dean A. Thomas CEC CCE
“With the garden producing so many vegetables, what better way to utilize than this Spanish chilled soup. From there you can enjoy a salad dressing for the lettuces.”
INGREDIENTS FOR GAZPACHO:
2 Lbs. Fresh Tomatoes, skinned and quartered
8 oz. Red Onion
1 Lb. Red and Green Bell Peppers, mixed
2 each Celery Ribs
2 each Cucumbers
2 each Lemons, juiced
3 each Garlic Cloves
1 Cup Cilantro, roughly chopped
2 each Jalapeños, seeded
1/4 Cup Tomato Paste
6 oz. V-8 Juice
INGREDIENTS FOR VINAIGRETTE:
1/2 Cup Dijon Mustard
1/2 Cup Dry Mustard
1 Cup Cider Vinegar
1 TB Chopped Garlic
1 TB Lea & Perrins Worchestershire Sauce
1 tsp Tabasco
1 tsp Granulated Onion
1/2 tsp Celery Seed
1/4 tsp Cumin, ground
1 TB Salt
1 TB Pepper
3 Cups Olive Oil
METHOD OF PREPARATION – GAZPACHO:
1. Begin by grinding all the Gazpacho Vegetables in the meat grinder with medium blade.
2. Drain vegetables in china cap for 30 minutes.
3. Reduce liquid over medium heat with V-8 juice and tomato paste until thick. Chill
METHOD OF PREPARATION – VINAIGRETTE:
1. Put all the Vinaigrette ingredients, except oil, in a blender.
2. Add oil slowly to emulsify.
3. Stir in gazpacho vegetables and reduced liquid.