BBQ FLAT IRON STEAK WITH TRUFFLED WHITE BEAN PUREE & VENDETTA REDUCTION
RECIPE BY: Dean A. Thomas CEC CCE
YIELD: 4 entrées
“This sampling shares all the great flavors of the regional products in one taste. The BBQ rub lends the spice to this unique cut of beef, which accompanies the bold flavors of our White Truffle Bean Purée and local vegetables, highlighted by the Vienza Vendetta reduction to add a little tannin in your diet.”
4 each 7 oz. Flat Iron Steaks
Chef Dean’s BBQ Rub*
6 oz. Vienza Vendetta
1 Each Onion, medium diced
1 Each Red Bell Pepper, medium diced
White Truffle Bean Puree**
*CHEF DEAN’S BBQ RUB
1/2 C Light Brown Sugar
3 TB Kosher Salt
1 TB Mustard Powder
1 TB Onion Powder
1 TB Paprika
1 TB Granulated Garlic
1 TB Black Pepper
1 Each Ancho Chile, seeded and ground
1/2 TB Cayenne Pepper
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
**WHITE TRUFFLE BEAN PUREE
15 oz. can White Kidney Beans
1/2 tsp. Lime Juice
3 oz. Butter, softened
2 tsp. White Truffle Oil
Salt and Fresh Ground Black Pepper
METHOD OF PREPARATION:
1. Begin by dry rubbing the flat iron steaks with BBQ rub 24 hours in advance to allow the cure to set.
2. Using a stainless steel saucepan, slowly reduce the wine with the onion and red bell pepper to 3 tablespoons; strain and reserve for service.
3. For the Bean Puree, drain the beans, place into a food processor and add lime juice, butter, truffle oil, salt and pepper. Purée until smooth.
4. Char-grill the BBQ steaks to medium rare, remove from heat and allow to rest for 3-4 minutes.
5. Slice thin for presentation over the White Bean Purée, add a few drops of Vienza Vendetta reduction.